Friday, September 18, 2015
Corte Madera, CA, - Budget Inn
Truly, a motel from hell.
On Friday (September 11, 2015), a friend and I decided on booking a room at Budget Inn because of the location -- nearness to Muir Woods where we wanted to hike the next day.
As the saying goes: Caveat Emptor
The fact that Budget Inn is not listed in CSAA Tour Book should have triggered an alarm. To our regret, we ignored the fact; Thought that all we needed was a clean room for one night.
It was a mistake for which we have badly suffered.
- The room (No.114) had broken furniture, and not very clean.
- Bed bug bites began to manifest themselves next morning.
- Itchy, red spots became noticeable and became progressively worse.
- After returning home, a google search revealed many previous reports about this particular establishment.
unaware of the situation.
Marin County Health and Human Services Department.
Thursday, August 06, 2015
America, America - A Country Awash in Guns
Sorrowing Lies My Land
Headlines about gun violence -- deaths and injuries from gunshots -- have become regular features. Inescapable.
- NEWSER) – It's the worst kind of synchronicity: A websitethat tracks mass shootings in the US had logged 203 through Wednesday. It hasn't caught up with last night's rampage in a Louisiana theater, but when it does, that will be No. 204—and yesterday was the 204th day of the year, notes the Washington Post. The Mass Shooting Tracker is a crowd-sourced tool from an anti-gun forum at Reddit calledGuns Are Cool, and it defines "mass shooting" as incident in which at least four people were shot. Not all of the incidents resulted in deaths.
DC's Summer of Gun Violence
NRA: "Guns don't kill people, People Do".
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Go Charlie, Go
Sunday, July 20, 2014
To The North - Oregon, Washington, Victoria BC
|At The Storm Breaker, 832 N. Beech St © Musafir|
At the end of the downhill leg © Musafir
Friday, July 18, 2014
Young Men With Horns and Guitar
Victoria BC - July 3-6, 2014
Nikhil Ghosh, Palo Alto, CA, trombone, tenor
Cyrus Bhiladvala, Victoria BC, alto sax
Simon Farintosh, Victoria BC, guitar
Rowan Farintosh, Victoria BC, tenor sax
|Jazz on July 4th at Bastion Square, Victoria BC © Musafir|
|Buskers warming up © Musafir|
|“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” |
― Bob Marley
|From the left: Nikhil Ghosh, Cyrus Bhiladvala, Simon Farintosh, Rowan Farintosh|
|Admiring dad Rustom Bhiladvala © Musafir|
|Beaming Bhaskar Ghosh, a mean tabla player himself © Musafir|