Monday, September 19, 2005
Iraq Casualties 1900 and Counting - Marine Lance Cpl Shane C. Swanberg among them
Those of us who have not personally suffered a loss but oppose the war ask what are they dying for?
- Not to find and destroy WMD. That myth was exposed a long time ago but those who used it to start the war did not miss a beat.
- Establishing democrcy in Iraq. Balderdash. Just look at what is happening there. The internecine battle between the Shias and Sunnis shows no sign of ending anytime soon.
- Hardline Mullahs have gained prominence. Women's rights are in danger.
- The Kurds are likely to demand autonomy. Corruption is rampant. Our favored contractors are making money hands down. Known liars like Ahmed Chalabi (who had a role in selling the WMD story to our leaders) are in positions of power. Why not--remember George Tenet was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom! Of course, our leaders who swallowed the WMD story would have created it if the Iraqis did not give it to them for money and favors.
- Preventing growth of al Qaeda and terrorism in the Middle East? All accounts indicate that terrorist acts have increased since the beginning of the war.