,Malaysia, Nicaragua,adultery

Monday, April 10, 2006

 

The Good Soldiers


The President's approval rating in a free fall. The news made me see a silver lining in the rain clouds. Good news for those of us who opposed the war before the bombs fell on Baghdad. Good news for the Democrats hoping to be the majority party after the mid-term elections although I am not too sure of their success. Republicans are vulnerable but the Democrats' failure to stand up against abuses of power when it mattered has made it difficult for them to take advantage of the situation.

One saving grace for the president is the support of the soldiers and their families. If they have doubts they do not publicly voice them.
*
"Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Did they say why, Willard? Why they wanted to terminate my command? Did they tell you?
Captain Benjamin L. Willard: They told me you had gone totally insane and, uh....., that your methods were unsound.
Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I don't see ... any method ... at all."
~APOCALYPSE NOW

*****


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!