,Malaysia, Nicaragua,adultery

Thursday, February 26, 2009

 

The Seasons: Cherry Blossoms and Spring

*
They go together. While the spring equinox (March 20th) is almost 4 weeks away, cherry blossoms have become visible all over the San Francisco Bay area.

Images of Yangmingshan flower festival in Taipei, Taiwan, published by the Guardian UK, reminded me that I took a few pictures when I saw blossoms appear on cherry trees in my neighbor's yard. That was early in February....on the 7th. We had a dry, almost rainless January. And February began with warm and sunny days. No wonder that the cherry trees got fooled and blossomed early.

Cherry tree in bloom - I, San Mateo, CA.
© Musafir

Cherry tree in bloom -II, San Mateo, CA.
© Musafir

"Now of my three score years and ten,
Twenty will not come again
And take from seventy springs a score
it only leaves me fifty more.

And since to look at things in bloom
Fifty springs are little room,
About the woodlands I will go
To see the cherry hung with snow."

---A.E. Housman, A Shropsire Lad




*****

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogroll Me!